This is not meant to serve as an exhaustive list, however, just ones that have been identified through the Veteran ERG community. If you have others that should be listed, please let me know and we will get them added.
1) Operation Stand Down Tennessee (OSDTN) http://osdtn.org/: is a registered 501(c)(3) that focuses on helping all Veterans and their families by engaging, equipping, and empowering them. They offer a wide range of services, including employment assistance, VA benefits assistance, networking, housing, and much more. Check out our services page for more info.
2) CreatiVets http://www.creativets.org/ : CreatiVets' mission is to provide combat veterans struggling with posttraumatic stress and traumatic brain injury with opportunities to use art, music, and creative writing to heal their unseen wounds of war. Their goal is to empower veterans with tools they can use for the rest of their lives and enable them to see their own capacity for success in an arena outside the battlefield. Time documentary can be viewed here: http://time.com/creativets
3) Gary Sinise Foundation https://www.garysinisefoundation.org/our-mission : At the Gary Sinise Foundation, They serve our nation by honoring our defenders, veterans, first responders, their families, and those in need.
4) The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) https://www.taps.org/mission : Offers compassionate care to all those grieving the loss of a military loved one. Since 1994, TAPS has provided comfort and hope 24/7 through a national peer support network and connection to grief resources, all at no cost to surviving families and loved ones.
5) Carry The Load ( http://www.carrytheload.org/site/PageServer?pagename=home ) : Carry The Load is a non-profit dedicated to providing active, meaningful ways to honor and celebrate the sacrifices made by our nation’s heroes — military, law enforcement, firefighters, rescue personnel and their families.
6) A Soldiers Child (https://asoldierschild.org/ ): Their mission is to serve the Gold Star Children of military personnel who have lost their lives on active duty, while defending the United States of America. ASC has three points of service for the children of our fallen:
- Birthday Celebrations
- Child Mentorship Programs
- College Scholarships